The latest home security options are getting more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to fail to complete easy security tasks like turning on your a security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
What if you no longer needed to remember doing these chores in the future? When you implement geofencing in Rockford, you can simply leave the driveway and make your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Rockford For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border along the sides of your house, which you can set up in your cell phone app. The technology then tracks your mobile device to deduce when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components use to communicate with other connected equipment. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all components onto a single network. You can institute specific boundaries around your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the boundary.
For example, shortly after you leave your driveway, you may set your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are several of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics including TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home security system in Rockford. When you download the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or deactivate your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular devices activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat turn on the connected fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your doorbell camera notices abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lighting switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks bolt at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and thermostat settings.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable the security system if you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Rockford
Whether you seek additional certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our representatives today at (815) 242-2899 or complete the following form to start designing your perfect security system.