Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Rockford?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Rockford? Normally, you should consider three major regions of the home for video protection: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Although your installation team will be able to recommend where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Door
While it might seem absurd that a burglar would try to simply walk in your home’s main entryway, 34% of invasions happen at this passageway. You can also count delivery bandits among other dangers to think about. A video doorbell is able to manage all of these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you have the ability to chat with any visitors who walk up and ring the bell. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may respond to each instance with two-way communications and live video and look like you’re home. Then if a person does try to do something nefarious, you will have your video surveillance instantly capture footage and transmit it to your mobile phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult task. Luckily, there are some useful tips to help ensure you’re well protected.
- The corners of your Rockford house allow for a better field-of-view, seeing two sections of your exterior.
- Just below an overhang or directly into a length of cladding or edging are ideal locations for cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is a more likely passageway for intruders than you may know!
- Above a back porch or sliding door -- or any doorway that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, be sure to prune any brush and branches that may block the camera’s view.
Tips For Getting The Highest Level of Performance From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Rockford. That same flexibility results in there being other installation variables to consider:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should be certain your windows are secure, the sunshine from a window can cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Aim the front of your camera away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a video camera positioned in a higher spot will produce a broader view. You might situate your cameras on top of tall pieces of furniture or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment won’t have the chance to defend your property if it’s broken. Set your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets have no ability to interact with them. You could try mounting or another means to secure them to make sure they won’t wobble if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top video camera won’t help you much if there is a houseplant blocking the view. On the other hand, decor or foliage also have the ability to hide your recording devices. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and security devices, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Just call (815) 242-2899 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.